Monday, July 30, 2007

Tonsilectomy


We found out today that Carsen has to have his tonsils removed. The doctor said his tonsils are so way too big for his throat that it is kinda like he has a bowling ball in his throat. He goes under the knife this Friday morning. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30am and they will put him to sleep and then 30 minutes later or less, he will no longer have tonsils or adenoids. This is a whole new part of parenting. When I was a kid I always wanted to have my tonsils out so I could eat ice cream and jello all day for a while. It doesn't seem quite so exciting and fun when it's my kid instead of me. We have to completely let go and trust someone else to give him anesthesia and make things all better. The goal is that it will allow him to start eating better and get rid of his snoring at night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's not fun! Especially for mom and dad. Friday is soon too. He'll be in our prayers (and you guys will too of course). It'll be over before you know it. If you all need anything just give us a call, i.e. Ben & Jerry's ice cream run - you know that kind of thing. :)