Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Normal Life

A week and a half ago the phone rang way too early for a Saturday morning. It was my mom calling to tell us that one of my aunts had died that night. We spent that day in a fog of tears, phone calls, and wondering why. On Sunday we decided to head back to Kansas for the funeral. Shiloh arranged subs for her class and I made calls and emails to cover things for my week. And on Monday, off we went. We spent a week with family just spending time together and talking about my aunt and all the memories we have of her. She left behind a 5 yr old son and a 7 yr old daughter, her husband, and an entire 3rd grade class. And she was good at being all those things, great even. And now, 10 days after she died, I still wonder why, knowing full well that we may not ever get an answer that satisfies our hurt here on earth. And I try to get back to normal life. It's just that normal life is different than normal life before the phone rang too early last Saturday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so sorry. Our condolences are with you and your family. There are somethings that we will never understand aren't there? It still doesn't ease the pain. We will be praying for you and your aunts family, especially her young ones.

~O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for You.
Be our strength every morning,
our salvation in time of distress.

~Isaiah 33:2

Anonymous said...

I don't have any perfect words of encouragement for you, but I do want you to know that I'll keep praying for you.

Unknown said...

Thank you both so much for your prayers.

LS said...

We are so sorry for your loss! I wish we could have met your aunt. She sounds like an amazing woman. Your whole family will be in our prayers.