Friday, August 8, 2008

Loving People

I recently read an article in Spin magazine about hip-hop artist D'Angelo, who is trying to make a comeback after going through multiple alcohol treatment centers. Here is the description of one of his friendships:
While they've since patched things up, Thompson has continued to keep his old friend at arms length.
"It's a fear thing on my end," he says, sighing deeply. "I'm afraid I'll lose him. If I'm there and I lose him, I'll have those feelings of guilt, like, 'What could I have done to save him?'"

And now here's the description of Jesus and his love towards us:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:31-32

I am so thankful that Jesus comes for us wherever we are at and loves us right there. I pray I embody that trait as I minister to students.

No comments: