Thursday, June 21, 2007

Small Town Ministry

One of the biggest challenges of doing ministry in a small town is making decisions about taking trips. I was looking at our church associations youth conference for next summer and trying to decide if I should try to take students or not. Most events, even in our district, are far away from us, and it is hard to justify canceling a week of time with lots of students to hang out with 2 or 3. I grew up in a large youth group and it was always a given that trips would happen if they were announced. Here, we announce trips and then wait to see if we can actually make it happen with the numbers that sign up. It is a weird thing to get used to and to plan around. But, I have a year to pray for and promote Challenge, and it is only 6 hours away. Sounds good to me!

No comments: