Friday, June 15, 2007

Vacation


Shiloh, the kids, and I just got back from a two week vacation in the paradise known as Wichita, KS. We had a great time seeing grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and friends. Shiloh and I even got to take a little two day vacation to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Here's a few thoughts from our trip:

1. I wish Shiloh and I could take time away more often. I love my wife and spending time with her!!!
2. Taking a part vacation/part write an ordination paper trip turns into mostly ordination paper writing.
3. Kansas is humid. And I don't really like that at all.
4. Our parents and siblings are awesome grandparents and aunts and uncles. Our kids had a blast playing with all of them.
5. I still don't miss the mall.
6. I still really miss some of my friends and had some great opportunities to reconnect.
7. My kids hate long car rides. Driving through the night so they sleep, even though I can't, was way better than listening to them cry and ask to get out.
8. I love the Word of God and enjoyed long extended times of study in it. It was exactly what my heart needed. Thanks Jesus.

Here's some pics from our vacation:




Uncle Ryan letting his nephew feed him something.












Aunt Brit and Kennedy looking cool












Shiloh and I on top of the Castle Inn in Wichita














Grandpa and a cell phone, what else could a girl need?
















My aunt and cousin












and a peacock!

No comments: