Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Wonderings (or Wanderings)

I wonder if Jesus would have voted. Would he have set himself up as for or against any laws or leaders? He was about his own kingdom. I'm not certain he would have voted. I'm not certain I'll vote. (No, I won't complain about who wins anything if I don't vote. Or if I do, I still won't complain, it's not very helpful.)

I wonder what would happen if every person who loves Jesus chose to to pray for president Obama and Governor Romney rather than debating the truth of their birth certificate or tax returns.

I wonder if the issues surrounding homosexuality will still be issues in 20 years. I would suspect that they will not be. I would guess most of the things that movement wants will have come into law/general acceptance. And people who follow Jesus shouldn't be scared of that. Not because they should agree, but because the laws of this country don't give or take away your ability to know, worship, and serve Jesus. It's all about Him. Always has been, always will be.

I wonder if Langley will start sleeping more this week. I'm hoping so.

I wonder if Kennedy will continue to hear me, her dad, over the boys that seem to be liking her. I pray that she knows her worth is not in a 1st (or 2nd or 3rd or 4th ...) grade boy liking her. I'm very thankful that she chose to talk to me about a boy who likes her rather than just talking to her friends. Now, if I can just keep that up into the teenage years and with two more daughters...

I wonder if non-GMO eating is possible for our family without taking out a loan for groceries. It's really expensive and really hard to find many options in Hutchinson, KS. But we ruined our lives by watching this movie. Oh, what to do...?

What do you wonder today?

No comments: