Thursday, October 11, 2007

Food Drive

This week for youth group we jumped into some cars and drove around different neighborhoods asking for food donations. I wanted to get students actively involved in doing something for someone else, and this seemed like a good idea. We have been talking about slowing down enough to see who God is, what he is doing, and who he has put around us. Tonight we did that by foregoing games and every other "normal" part of youth group to go love others. My group had a great time and I loved hearing students talk about enjoying serving people. One of my junior high boys asked me if we could go around once a month collecting food! In just an hour we collected about 280 pounds of food with 15 kids. Imagine the difference a church could make if everyone took an hour a week to serve their community!

No comments: