Monday, October 1, 2007

ROCKTOBER!

Rockies: 9
Padres: 8
13 Innings


The Rockies finished the season 13-1 to finish an incredible run to the postseason. I remember the last time the Rockies were in the playoffs, 1995, when I still couldn't drive a car and the first baseman was some guy named Galarraga. Well, now I've had my share of tickets and the Rockies are playing in the LDS against the Phillies. Clutch hitting in the bottom of the 13th beating up the all-time major league saves leader, Trevor Hoffman. Jamey Carroll came through with the sacrifice fly to score Matt Holliday for the winning run. After lots of depressing years (I also cheer for the Royals), finally, a reason to watch postseason baseball.

Go Rockies! Beat the Phillies!

2 comments:

Dan Luebcke said...

It was an epic game to be at!

Unknown said...

i thought of how sweet a time it must have been quite a bit as a watched in my basement