Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Movement of God

Through the last two months of life and ministry, I think my favorite words in the Bible have been in John 1:14-
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
In the Old Testament God moves in so many ways: He floods, He parts water, He wins battles, He gives laws, He anoints kings, He brings rain and drought and the list could go on and on. He shows His might and strength, miracles happen, people see the evidence of God, but they do not see God.

And then each of the four Gospels kicks off with world-altering news: GOD HAS BECOME A MAN!!!

He became one of us. He left all glory and splendor in heaven and moved into the earth. And this movement changed the rest of history.

God came to us. That truth gives me hope as I work with students and their families. God cares, and not from a far off throne that we cannot reach. He cares so much that he came down from his throne to be flesh and blood, skin and bone.

Remember it today. Walk in the hope of a God who comes to us.

"Give me Christ or else I die."

No comments: