Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waiting...


My wife is very pregnant. 

It feels like the due date for our little girl should have already come and gone, but we still have ten days. When you first find out you're having a baby, you feel like nine months is quite a while to get ready, but ten days would seem much too short. Right now, ten days seems like an eternity!

I am ready to meet this little girl that will change my life in ways that I can't even begin to imagine. I can't wait to hold her and kiss her and say her name. I can't wait for her brother and sisters to meet her and hold her for the first time.

I can't wait...

And it's not impatience, it's more of an excitement that overwhelms all other things right now. I've been thinking about this feeling and how it translates into following Jesus.

How often do I show up to my life (not just church or youth group or bible study- all of life because it's all God's) like it is some sort of obligation I'm fulfilling? It is an easy way to live life. You check things off of a list and make sure everything gets done.

But God calls us to live with a holy excitement and expectation for what he is doing in our world! He calls us to live life the way he intended for it to be, FULLY!
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
                                                                -Jesus (John 10:10)
He is at work in our world! And he wants us to join in his work! God, the creator and savior of the world, calls us to be a part of his redemption work. That should have us jumping out of our skin with excitement waiting to see what God will do next. 

Don't believe the lies of the world that following Jesus drags you down or is full of rules or makes you judgmental or requires whatever. Go listen to Jesus! He says that the best version of life that is available to you now or for eternity is found in him! So watch and wait and then jump into whatever he is doing wherever you are.

And little girl, you can come out now!

"Give me Christ, or else I die"

No comments: